Registration is disabled
Eichbichl Castle, dating from the 14th century, is located in the Bavarian village of "Eichbichl" between the two farming villages of "Jakobneuharting " and "Tegernau". The location on the edge of the village guarantees peace and tranquillity. Amidst lush green meadows, all rooms have a view of the peaks of the Alpine chain as well as the gothic church "St.Johann Bapist"'s tower and the quarry of Tegernau (natural monument).
Trade fair visitors and exhibitors appreciate the proximity to the Munich trade fair and the peace and tranquillity in the evening after a busy day at the fair.
Nature-loving holiday guests are directly connected to the large hiking and cycling trail of the Ebersberger Land. Several natural lakes invite you to relax, as do 4 different golf courses (8-20 minutes away).
City tourists enjoy the tranquillity and idyll of the typical Upper Bavarian surroundings with panoramic views of the Alps and an onion dome "lookout" at the baroque Tegernau church "Johannes Baptist" after a day in Munich or Salzburg.
The flat offers 3 rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom:
A bedroom with 2 separate beds, the Red Salon with 1 bed and a sofa bed for 1-2 people and the cosy Blue Salon with an open fireplace. The spacious bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and fold-out shower partition, WC, full-length mirror and with a Miele washing machine. The kitchen is fully equipped with induction hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee machine, kettle and all kitchen linen.
All rooms have a Gothic vault and are furnished with historic furniture from the family estate. The flat is suitable for senior citizens and particularly suitable for allergy sufferers due to the wall heating (living room temperature control). The ground-level castle flat is a self-contained unit.
The parking spaces in front of the house are of course free of charge.
Ulrich and Rea von Raben are hosts with a passion and try to make every guest's stay pleasant and unforgettable.
Shopping: Tegernau 0,4 km
Bus: Jakobneuharting 0,2 km
Railwaystation: Gräfinh 6 km
Airport: München 67 km
Restaurants: Grafing 6 km; Maxlrain 13 km
Eichbichl Castle was first mentioned historically in 1330 as a "brick house" on the occasion of the marriage of Siguna Höhenkirchner von Eichbichl, who married a von Hirschauer zu Hirschberg.
Over the centuries, the castle had many owners; among others, it belonged to the Jesuit Order for a time and after its dissolution in Bavaria under Pope Clement XIV in 1773, it passed into the possession of the Order of Malta after a short time. After secularisation in 1808, Eichbichl was sold on and passed through many hands over the next 170 years. By the middle of the 20th century it was extremely run down and only served as a poorhouse and, after the 2nd World War, as a refugee home.
In the mid-1990s Ulrich and Rea von Raben returned to Bavaria with their 4 small children after various work-related stays abroad.
After 2 years of difficult purchase negotiations, Eichbichl Castle, which at that time was "a ruin with whitewash", was successfully acquired in order to realize the lifelong dream of a multi-generational family residence.
In the first winters, only the kitchen was somewhat heatable and the children had to do their homework with three pullovers pulled over each other and gloves cut off, and in the evenings from 6.00 a.m. the beds, which were always clammy, were warmed up a little with hot-water bottles.
The roof was never covered with snow in winter because the precious warmth immediately evaporated through the leaky and uninsulated roof. In the summer when it rained, the children initially more or less enthusiastically placed the buckets in the circles marked in front with chalk in the Great Salon to catch the rainwater trickling through from the leaking roof.
In the meantime, after almost 30 years of permanent restoration, Schloss Eichbichl stands solid and dignified again in the beautiful Upper Bavarian picturesque landscape: the roof has been renewed and insulated, the windows have been replaced in accordance with the preservation order and the ailing oil heating system has been replaced by a future-oriented geothermal heating system that reliably and sustainably supplies the entire castle with heat and hot water from the energy extracted from the former castle moat.